Sunday, January 1, 2012

Coming of Age

                                                         Coming of Age...

The thin veil parted
But I could not go back yonder
I'd come of age,they said
And could not stay there longer.


My world would be a different one now
And I couldn't stay the same-they said.
It would be work,toil,responsibility
It was on free advice I was fed.


A billion dreams of the world around me
Along with a million ones of mine
I had to fulfill each of them they said
I had to win!I had to shine!

I paused...I wondered should I lead a life
Where I am always on the run??
Then I hit upon my line for life
"I'd be myself...I'd have great FUN!!!"
       
                                     -Alok Simha KJ
                                       1-1-12

2 comments:

  1. Waking up on a bright sunny morning heralding the start of a new year to find something so meaningful and inspirational feels just awesome :D Thank you for providing such an experience and more importantly, BEING YOURSELF :)

    ReplyDelete